I have no Monday classes which means I tend to catch up on work, homework, and content creation that day. View Post
Today I am sharing some exciting travel news – I will be spending my fall semester abroad in Spain! This decision was one that I’ve been contemplating for over a year now… if you know me in real life you know how indecisive I am. I try on about 4 outfits before deciding what to wear, I make pro/con lists about EVERYTHING… but with my senior year of college approaching and I had a total “Oh shit” moment.I realized if I wanted to study abroad it would have to be ASAP. I have a year left of college and may not have the opportunity to live in another country ever again. I always knew if I were to study abroad, I would want to go to Spain. Ever since I was in preschool, I have been infatuated by the Spanish language. In my preschool yearbook, we had our quotes/catch phrases listed under our photos. I always laugh looking at mine – apparently I always used to write my name “in Spanish” (which I guess was just Julieta? don’t remember!). I studied Spanish language and culture for 7 years – it is my true passion although I haven’t been able to take any classes in college. I will be in a hispanic studies program over in Spain, so I will get plenty of practice with the language and culture!
My biggest internal dilemma was deciding between spending a few weeks during the summer in Spain, or going for the full fall semester. I originally thought I wanted to go for a short period of time. With this option, I would spend 4 weeks in Spain with a friend from college! It was a safe and comfortable option. Spending over a month in a foreign country is SO out of my comfort zone. However, a full semester would allow me to fully immerse myself in the culture and even travel to other countries during my time overseas. I had a deadline to make my decision by, and for WEEKS the decision consumed my mind. Literally all I thought about. I reached out to literally every single person I know who went abroad. I spent hours talking to my boyfriend, my family, and friends who are currently abroad. The conversations I had with my friends who have studied abroad are the ones that really inspired me to go for the full semester. I also did a ton of research on different cities and regions, and I found a small city that was absolutely breathtaking and I immediately fell in love. I also met a friend online, who is currently at the same school I will be at. Talking with her and seeing her photos gave me BUTTERFLIES. Of course I was still nervous, but seeing how stunning this country is really made me want to spend more time there, and have it become my second home. There are so many things to see and do, so many places to travel around Europe, and so much personal growth potential. My boyfriend was also very supportive and encouraged me to “send it”, so I filled out my application over a few days, submitted it, and heard back within a week.
Now that I have my flight booked and it’s really official, my nerves have gone down a LOT. I’d say I’m 98% excited, 2% nervous. I’m mainly freaking out about what clothes I am going to bring and how I will fit everything in 2 suitcases. Also – can we just talk about how POPPIN’ my Instagram is going to be? Hahahah. I am already looking at weekend trips to Italy, Portugal, Amsterdam… I cannot wait and quite frankly I wish I were going sooner! I just want to say that I know that I will get homesick. I know that I will struggle, and it won’t always be rainbows and sunshine. To be honest, I am looking forward to the not-so-pretty parts too. My new year’s resolution for 2019 was to do more things outside of my comfort zone – and this is probably the biggest one so far. I am looking forward to learning in another country and seeing Europe for the first time. I’m looking forward to meeting lifelong friends, drinking Sangria, and experiencing the culture. You can expect to see lots of flamenco dancing, tapas, and beautiful art and architecture allll over my Instagram later this year!
Hey friend! It’s been a minute. Okay, it’s been 3 months… sorry! Life was doing its thing. On my stories a few weeks ago, I asked about what types of dresses my followers like. Turns out, most of you prefer short dresses that are more flowy than tight, and solid colors over patterns. I chose 3 dresses in every color – a solid, a pattern, and a maxi! I hope you enjoy – let me know which is your favorite!
More often than you'd expect, I hear people say how they can't wait for 2019 because 2018 wasn't great... I don't think I've ever looked back on a year and had negative thoughts. 2018 was an especially great year. It's easy for me to reflect and look back on the year I had, but lately I have felt so happy and fulfilled so I figured that I would reflect and share 8 things that have been going on recently in my life.
1. Towards the last quarter of the year, I began a daily mindfulness ritual that has led me to manifesting so many amazing things like self love, big Instagram collaborations, making more money, and even clearing my acne. I'm by no means an expert on spiritual stuff but it has definitely become a big part of my life & I look forward to learning more.
2. I found a candle combination that is a little strange but smells AMAZING - I burn Capri Blue Volcano at the same time as a Trader Joe's gingerbread candle and the scent is something I'd describe as either A) baking cookies in the middle of Anthropologie or B) citrus christmas (x10... tongue twister)
3. Rob and I took a trip down to the beach I grew up on to shoot for UGG x Zappos. It was an overcast day but it was mild out and it was such a dream. He snapped some shots of me, and helped me get the perfect shot for the campaign. We explored some local shops. The Connecticut shoreline can be a bit gloomy in the winter, but it was a really dreamy day. It was the perfect balance of nostalgia and newness - I was so happy to share the place I grew up with him.
4. I got an heated blanket and it has absolutely changed the coziness game. Nora loves it too. 10/10.
5. I found out I'm very deficient in vitamin B12 - I'm getting that taken care of, and I can't wait to start feeling better... my levels were below 100 and the normal is 400. I basically always have headaches & I get pretty short of breath at night. But now I'm getting injections, taking supplements, and eating foods high in B12!
6. I've helped over 50 people successfully grow their Instagram pages 1000-3000 followers a month. It's been a super rewarding journey and I get so much joy from helping people with this! It is my part time job and work for a company that specializes in IG growth.
7. I spent all of fall looking for a winter boot that is cute and functional in the New England winter weather. UGG sent me a few pairs of shoes and one of them was their Adirondack Boot III - it's the perrrrrfect winter boot - it's definitely a bit more fashionable than the ever popular bean boot, and they're super comfy and warm for my cold toes. This isn't sponsored, by the way, just my UGG Instagram content was. I just really love the boot!
8. We have a trip coming up ... Florida in January - we're going to relax and warm up a bit - nothing crazy planned. We are DEFINITELY going to go paddle boarding, explore the beaches, and maybe go to this sea turtle sanctuary! I can't wait. I'm already over the cold.
The holidays are right around the corner – don’t scramble for a last minute outfit! View Post